San Diego Amputation / Disfigurement Attorney
Unlike most other injuries, amputation or disfigurement can permanently impact many areas of a person’s life. These life-changing injuries cause not only medical bills but also reduced ability to work, emotional suffering, lower self-esteem, and diminished quality of life. Sadly, many people who’ve suffered amputation or disfigurement find it difficult to get compensation for the full extent of their losses.
If you have had to undergo an amputation or sustained a disfigurement due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your past and future financial expenses, as well as non-monetary damages. The challenge is successfully claiming a fair settlement from the at-fault party.
If you are in Southern California, we at Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the full damages you need and deserve, including emotional losses and long-term care needs. We are top-rated San Diego amputation lawyers and disfigurement attorneys. Consult with the Hamparyan Lawyers for free.
Compensation for Amputation/Disfigurement Injuries
If another person caused your disfigurement or amputation injury, you might be able to claim both economic and non-economic damages. Compensation may include:
- Hospital bills
- Surgery costs
- Medication expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental/emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Prosthetics or other forms of mobility assistance
- Permanent disability
When pursuing a fair settlement from the at-fault party, you may find it extremely challenging to get some damages covered, particularly non-economic ones. Losses like pain and suffering are recognized by law, but they are especially difficult to prove when facing a seasoned insurance company. You may also encounter the “delay, deny, defend” tactics that insurers often use to undermine injury claims.
Get the help of a San Diego amputation attorney who can assert the compensation you deserve. The Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers have stood up to powerful insurance companies as well as irresponsible car drivers, employers, and property owners whose negligence has caused injuries. Our fearless and skilled representation has led to high-value settlements for many of our clients.
Types of Disfigurement or Amputation
“Disfigurement” is a broad term for any long-lasting or permanent damage to your soft tissues or bones, impairing your appearance or abilities. These are some common forms of disfigurements:
- Significant scarring
- Facial lacerations
- Facial fractures
- Dental injuries
- Skin peeling
- Burn injuries
- Nerve damage
- Paralysis or reduced function of a body part
- Loss of digit – amputation of a finger or toe
- Loss of eye or ear
- Loss of limb – amputation of a hand, arm, foot, or leg
California law recognizes various types and severities of disfigurement. Some accident survivors may feel like they should settle for a small amount because they believe their injury is only skin-deep. However, the actual value of your case may also include your long-term financial needs as well as the psychological and social effects of your injury.
Don’t hesitate to consult with a San Diego disfigurement lawyer to learn about what you deserve. You can consult for free with the Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers. We won’t charge you any lawyer fees unless and until we obtain your compensation for you. You lose nothing by reaching out to us.
Causes of Disfigurement/Amputation
Amputation and disfigurement occur in catastrophic incidents such as:
- Car crashes
- Other vehicular accidents (truck wrecks, bike accidents)
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Electrical accidents
- Product defects/malfunctions
- Fires and explosions
- Chemical spills
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites and other animal attacks.
The Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers have successful experience handling the above cases and more. We have become one of California’s most active and highest-rated injury firms. When you work with us, we’ll apply our extensive experience and strategic skills so you can get the maximum settlement possible.
Why You Need a Specialized Lawyer from Hamparyan
When your injury is as catastrophic as amputation/disfigurement, you need specialized legal service. You won’t just present your medical bills to the insurance company and have them reimburse you. You’ll need solid evidence of your many losses, strong negotiation skills with insurers, and in-depth experience in California civil claims law.
The Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers are especially capable of handling cases like yours. We have been in this field of law for over two decades and have obtained significant settlements for catastrophic injuries (including seven-figure amounts).
Here’s why our legal service stands out:
- We have a network of experts to help your case. In our decades of practice, we’ve built relationships with physicians, specialists, mental health professionals, and other experts who can support your claim. We’ll also connect you to doctors and therapists who can help you get the care you need.
- We tell a compelling story. We don’t just gather evidence. We’ll document your post-injury life in photos and videos and tell your story in a way that lets even the most logical persons feel your experience. We want them to understand that your injury has far-reaching effects on your life.
- We provide compassionate service. While our attorneys are tenacious when facing the opposite camp, our whole team treats clients like family. If you can’t travel to us, we’ll come to you at home or the hospital. We’ll keep communicating with you about your case so you won’t have to wait for callbacks or stress about the progress.
- We are trial-ready. Insurers are more likely to take you seriously if you are represented by a lawyer who is not afraid to go to court. Even if you are not thinking of a lawsuit for now, this is an advantage in your settlement claim. Our San Diego disfigurement attorneys and amputation lawyers have successful court experience alongside their well-honed insurance negotiation skills.
You won’t have to pay us any lawyer fees until we win you a settlement or verdict. You risk nothing by consulting with the top-quality Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers.
Call Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been amputated or disfigured through another party’s negligence, reach out to Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers. We can help you find your best legal recourse towards proper compensation.
Your consultation with us is free. Call our office at (619) 550-1355 today or contact us online.
I’m with you every step of the way.
Schedule Your Free Case Consultation
We’ll Come To You
Our attorney will travel to your home, or hospital, at your convenience and request.
Call Us Anytime
We are available to discuss your case anytime. Give us a call at (619) 550-1355.
Completely Free Consultation
Meeting and/or discussing your case with our attorney is completely free.