California Car Accident Settlement Examples
In California, motor vehicle accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries and even death. However, the process of filing and settling a claim can be challenging. Car accident victims and their families may need to work with a personal injury lawyer to recover the full amount of damages they’re entitled to. Hamparyan Injury Lawyers have successfully negotiated considerable car accident settlements for our clients in California.
Below is a small sample of a wide range of motor vehicle accidents Hamparyan injury lawyers have settled in recent years (Note: This is not an exhaustive list and does not include our verdicts)
- Car Accident – $3,100,000 (Car vs. Car Accident)
- Car Accident – $2,500,000 (Car vs. Car Accident)
- Car Accident – $495,000 (Car vs. Truck Accident
- Car Accident – $3,500,00.00 (Car vs. Truck Accident)
- Pedestrian Accident – $925,000 (Pedestrian Hit By Car)
- Bicycle Accident – $6,865,000 (Bicyclist vs. Car)
- Injury on Bus – $800,000 (Injury on Bus)
- Motorcycle Accident – $175,000 (Motorcycle vs. Car)
What damages are you entitled to?
The driver determined to be at fault for the accident is liable to the victims for their injuries and damages. Some of the compensatory damages available in a car accident lawsuit include the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage, including the cost of repair and replacement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages (if the victim died)
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Victims should always consult with a car accident lawyer about their case before taking a settlement check from the other party’s insurance company.
What factors influence the amount of a settlement?
Car accidents claims vary on a case-to-case basis. Without considering the details of each claim, it’ll be difficult to determine how much the case might be worth. In general, the insurance company—and the court, if the case goes to trial—considers the following factors when determining the amount of compensation the car accident victim is entitled to:
- The extent, severity, and impact of the injuries: Classifying the extent and severity of a certain injury varies. For example, the impact of a fractured bone on a professional dancer will be different from the injury’s impact on the average motorist. Car injury victims should always consult with a lawyer who can determine the full impact of an injury and help them seek the maximum compensation available.
- The victim’s prognosis: The victim’s prognosis will also affect the amount of the settlement. Will they make a full recovery within a couple of weeks, or will the injury affect them for the rest of their lives?
- The amount of economic damages: The settlement amount will also take into account the cost of hospitalization and treatment, prescription medication, lost wages, and other expenses related to the injury.
- The percentage of fault: Fault in a car accident claim depends on which driver was negligent. In California, determining fault can be complicated. In certain cases, the victim may share some of the fault, in which case the amount of compensation they receive will be reduced depending on their share of fault. As long as the victim is not more than 50% responsible for the accident, they can still seek compensation and damages.
Contact Hamparyan Injury Lawyers Today
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident, get in touch with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. They can assess your case, help you understand your rights, and file a claim and negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers can help you file a car accident claim and get the compensation you deserve. We’ll handle everything so you can focus on recovering and getting your life back on track. Contact us online or call (619) 550-1355 to schedule a consultation.
Robert Hamparyan is one of California’s most accomplished personal injury lawyers. Hamparyan Personal Injury Lawyers San Diego was founded so that Robert could bring more of his skill and knowledge to personal injury victims in all types of cases. Robert and his team have dealt with semi truck accidents, wrongful death cases, brain & spine injuries, and many other types of personal injury cases with soaring success.
Recent Blog Posts
I’m with you every step of the way.
Schedule Your Free Case Consultation
We’ll Come To You
Our attorney will travel to your home, or hospital, at your convenience and request.
Call Us Anytime
We are available to discuss your case anytime. Give us a call at (619) 550-1355.
Completely Free Consultation
Meeting and/or discussing your case with our attorney is completely free.
San Diego Office
Hamparyan Personal Injury
Lawyers San Diego, APC
275 W Market St #1000
San Diego, CA 92101
Hamparyan Personal Injury
Lawyers San Diego, APC
2221 Las Palmas Dr, Suite H
Carlsbad, CA 92011